Product Analyst, EnerGov
Tyler Technologies | Duluth, GA
Product Analyst, EnerGov
As a product analyst you’ll work closely with a cross-functional Scrum development team to deliver valuable product enhancements to our clients. The team consists of analysts, developers and QA. The analyst’s role is to understand and convey the business processes and problems our users face to the Scrum team. The product analyst will work on the Licensing and Regulatory Management (LRM) Suite of the EnerGov product line.
- Conduct analysis through several avenues including, but not limited to, researching the current software functionality, discussing problems with internal staff, conducting interviews with clients, researching industry best practices, and paying attention to market trends.
- Present analysis to the Scrum team during backlog refinement meetings. A strong analyst will understand complex problems and present them to the team as simple, clearly defined user stories. The analyst also needs to convey who we’re solving the problem for and why it’s important to them.
- Collaborate with the team throughout the development process to answer questions, provide additional insight, and make sure the overall goals aren’t being lost within the details.
- Provide updates regarding the status of development and raise concerns to the product manager when scope increases, deadlines may be missed, or other issues arise that may cause a delay in the release or substantial functionality loss.
- Provide clarity to the team when questions arise surrounding reported bugs. Will work closely with the product manager, as well as implementation and support staff, to help prioritize bugs and coordinate minor trade-offs during development cycles.
- Communicate the significance of new enhancements of the software by coordinating with content developers and assisting with release rollout initiatives.
- Build strong relationships throughout the organization and with clients that will contribute to ongoing partnerships and collaboration.
- Provide a positive voice to promote the value of the product and the work that’s being accomplished by the team.
- Higher education degree.
- Travel expected a handful of times per year.
- Comfort using a variety of software tools for day-to-day tasks and organization.
- Willingness to continuously learn Scrum and challenge the team to refine processes. Previous experience working in Scrum or Agile environments is preferred.
- Prior enterprise-based software experience is required. Previous EnerGov experience is preferred.
- Background in land management, code enforcement and/or licensing within local governments is preferred.
- Characteristics of successful product analysts include the following:
- Innate curiosity and willingness to ask questions
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to take ownership and demonstrate leadership with their work
- Communicate (oral and written) effectively and creatively.
- Contribute to the overall wellbeing of the team by being flexible, helping with whatever is needed, and coming to work with a fun, positive attitude.